Before knowing the benefits of a powerflush, you probably want to know exactly what a powerflush is. During a powerflush, water and cleaning chemicals are injected into your central heating system at a very high velocity, giving it enough power to dislodge any build up. Build up occurs naturally through use and is made up or rust, sludge and dirt.
When should I get a powerflush?
There are a few ways to find that your home needs a powerflush; here are the main signs...
- If your radiators take a long time to heat up (or don't heat up at all), your pipes may be blocked by nasty build up and need clearing.
- If a magnet will stick onto your copper pipes, there may be a build up of rust internally.
- If your boiler is making unusual sounds, such as banging, gurgling or kettling - A powerflush is a good idea to resolve this.
- When teamed with annual boiler servicing, a powerflush can produce very long lasting results. A powerflush can leave you with lower bills, reliable radiators and clean water for years to come.
What are the benefits of a powerflush?
- Warm radiators - Your radiators will feel much warmer, much quicker. Hot water is free to circulate your central heating system much easier, as there are no cold spots or build up. Without cold spots, the heat is free to travel all the way to the top of your radiators, helping your room to feel warmer without turning up the heat.
- Longer lifespan - A powerflush will give your central heating system a much longer lifespan, as it returns it to its original, brand new quality. This keeps your home safe from any breakdowns occurring over the years, as your system is in great condition again. Getting a powerflush will end up a lot cheaper than waiting for a breakdown to happen.
- Much more efficient - Your central heating system will be much cleaner, so won't have to work as hard to heat your home.
Need a powerflush in Gloucester?
We hope this blog post has been helpful. We offer our powerflushing services across Gloucester, Cheltenham, Tewksbury, Newent, Cirencester and Stow on the Wold. Need more information? Or want to book your powerflush? To get in touch with our gas engineers, give us a call on 07811 947787, fill out our handy contact form or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We hope to hear from you soon!